[Ponte Alto] Revel information (was: Re: Fwd: [MR] Tentative Dance List for Masked Ball at Twelfth Night)

Lady Millicent Chandler millicent.chandler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:28:42 PST 2007

On 12/10/07, V Benson <vbenson2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am a new member. What "festivities" are planned for this holiday season? I
> am single and am wondering if there is a"singles group" that co-ordinates
> matches of unattached singles? I am looking for an xmas date and xmas party
> festivity. valerie

Hi Valerie,

The Barony is hosting an event called Revel Without a Cause this
coming Saturday in Fairfax. Our event steward, Lady Luce, posted
information and a schedule for this event to the list a couple of
weeks ago. Here's the pertinent information:

"Greetings Ponte Alto!

Our "Revel Without a Cause" event will be Saturday, December 15th!  Come
join us for feasting, singing, dancing, chess, hanging out.  This should be
a welcome opportunity for the Barony to socialize together and enjoy the
holidays.

The event flyer is here:

http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=55761aee

Here's a tentative schedule for the event.  Times are still subject to
change:

10:00 a.m  troll opens
11:30 a.m. silent auction begins
12 noon    Chess tournament begins
1:30  p.m. silent auction ends
2:00  p.m. FEAST
4:00  p.m. Court
5:00  p.m. dancing
8:30  p.m. Site Closes

There will be performances throughout the day -- an open stage that you can
reserve time on to perform. Please note that Lady Celia Rosedale is
scheduling the stage.

Lady Flora Bayeux is handling reservations.  There are only 50 feast slots,
so get those checks in soon!"

This is the only holiday festivity the Barony officially has on the
calendar. Hopefully you will be able to attend and we'll all be able
to make your acquaintance.

Cheers,
Millicent