[Ponte Alto] Where and how to recruit.

schnauzer2 at cox.net schnauzer2 at cox.net
Fri Apr 27 08:38:14 PDT 2007

James,
The Fairfax County Library in Chantilly has lots of outdoor space.  Plus, it is very near the corner of Rt50 and Stringfellow Rd, so lots of passers by.  On the other side of the library has some little league fields and Chantilly High School is across the street.  I don't know if its outside our boarders so we might be able to do a joint demo with whoever has those lands.

Sian
---- james barker <flonzy at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
Anime cons are not a bad idea except they cost a ton to get into. Looks like
there are two in Crystal City in the fall.

As to week day daytime demos for kids they are not meant to be recruitment
but educational for kids doing medieval studies. I like to go in there and
break some of the myths about the middle ages and get kids interested in
history.

Now the small demo we had last month at Georgetown U might get us some
recruits next year but the school year is coming to a close for now so I
doubt many of those students will come out until fall.

Last year we did demos for the county library system, I have the lady in
charges email and phone number still, anyone know of a good library with
some grounds big enough for us so we could do a weekend demo in the summer
to try and attract member?

James