[Ponte Alto] St Paddy's Day Bloodbath

dcadenise at aol.com dcadenise at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 11:06:20 PST 2006

Greetings to the Fine Populace of Ponte Alto
    On behalf of the autocrat, Sir Thomas, I write to you on this fine day.  As most of you know there was an article in the Washington Post concerning St Paddy's Day Bloodbath this weekend.  This prompted many inquiries from the public about the SCA, including information that a large soccer practice will be taking place also on Saturday on another field closer to the park entrance.  Projected weather forecast also looks promising for this weekend.  We are also expecting a high number of fighter turn out this weekend and we have already heard from people coming up from NC for this event.  Therefore we are anticipating many participants for the event this weekend along with those spectators who are just passing by the park on a nice sunny day.  In anticipation for a large turnout, I turn to you the fine people of the barony to assist this weekend.

     We could use more volunteers for troll.  Please contact Baron Robert of Calais directly if you can assist :  carwi at comcast.net

     We could use some friendly faces for crowd control and as SCA guides.  Thomas will be using a portion of the list fence to mark off the event and those participating in St Paddy's Day Bloodbath.  But we could use some people who would be willing to assist and answer questions to those who are walking by as spectators and have questions about what is going on.  I am typing up a flyer for those spectators who have questions and are in need of information about the SCA (thanks to Mistress Anne for that wonderful idea!).

     Branwen and I could use a few extra hands in serving lunch, for those who able to assist us.

     Artisans feel free to bring projects and share that information with those who are interested. We also encourage you to bring day shades and banners to add to the pageantry of the day.

Any questions, please feel to direct them towards me
Thanks to everyone in advance and I look forward to seeing many of you this weekend
Countess Denise and Sir Thomas