[Ponte Alto] Ponte Alto Thursday rapier pracice location

Jeff Williams geoffreyapclywd at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 07:52:49 PDT 2006

Greetings

  With the ending of the school term the Ponte Alto Rapier practice has moved outside to Tysons-Pimmit Park.

  The park is behind the Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church.
  Take your best route to I-495. Get off at the exit for Route 7 East (Falls Church). The library is on the left about 1 mile. Park in the library lot and go down the hill to the park.
  Special Thursday Night parking instructions:
We have received some complaints about lack of parking spaces from residents of the Peachtree of McClean apartment complex which adjoins our practice site. After some informal negotiations we have arrived at an agreement with the building management. We beseech those attending Thursday night practices to adhere to the following procedures from now on:

You may unload your gear from parking spaces adjoining our practice area. But then please move your car to another space either at least a block further away from Route 7 in the complex parking lot or in the library parking lot closer to Route 7. At the conclusion of practice you may once again move your car to a space adjoining the practice area in order to reload your gear before exiting the site.

In this way we hope to be able to continue to use the parking facilities of the complex without inconveniencing the residents.
 Indoor Heavy Fighter Practice (Thursdays 6 to 9 PM)
  Lemon Road Elementary
  From Southern Virginia, Maryland and Alexandria, VA
    Take I-495 (the beltway) to the VA-Route 7 East exit at Tysons Corner labeled Leesburg Pike/Falls Church, Exit #47B.  Continue on Leesburg Pike towards Falls Church for 1.2M.  Turn left onto Idylwood Road for 0.3 miles.  * Turn left into the Lemon Road Elementary School front parking lot.  Park and enter the building through the main front entrance on the right hand side of the building.  Proceed straight ahead past the cafeteria entrances, turn left into the hallway which leads past the stairs to the second floor  and walk past the stairs to the entrance to the gym.
  From Northwestern Virginia and Washington, DC
   Take I-66 to the VA-Route 7 West exit for Leesburg Pike/Tysons Corner exit #66B.  Continue on Leesburg Pike under 0.1M towards Tysons Corner.  Turn right at the first light onto Idylwood Road for 0.3 miles.  Follow from * above.
 -->

                          Lord Geoffrey Ap Clywd
  Rapier Marshal Barony of Ponte Alto
  Kingdom of Atlantia