[Ponte Alto] Newcomers Garb Day Any more takers?

Irwin dwatsonirwin at cox.net
Fri Jun 2 11:46:40 PDT 2006

Is anyone else interested in the Newcomers Garb Day on Sunday June 11?
Please let me know ASAP.

Here are the details:

With the able assistance of Lady Wulfwyn I will be hosting a Newcomers Garb
Day on Sunday, June 11 at Noon. There are 4 total slots left.

Supplies: Basic Sewing equipment, Thread, Pins, Scissors, Marking chalk or
pencil, yardstick,

plus

For women's T-Type Gown figure on 4 yards of 54" wide linen or wool If you
want a nice full skirt get 5 yards

For Men's Basic Tunic with gores get 3 yards of linen or wool.

For Trews 1 1/2 yds of 54" linen, wool, or cotton twill

Best sources for inexpensive linen around 6-7 dollars a yard try these
online sources:

 Fabrics-store.com generally the largest selection get a medium weight IL019
 Denver Fabrics
 Fabric.com

For wool get 100% not a blend with nylon or acrylic. Try places listed above
and:

 B. Black And Sons, Inc.

You will need to wash your linen in hot water and then dry at the highest
setting on your dryer. For ease in pattern cutting iron your  fabric.

If you are using wool and want to full it (shrink it so it becomes more
dense) order 1 extra yard.

Questions? Email me dwatsonirwin AT cox Dot net

Directions to my house an be found at:
http://atlantia.sca.org/pipermail/ponte-alto/2004-July/002582.html

If you get lost or have questions, 703-455-0298

YIS,

Lady Perronelle la peintre
mka Debbie Irwin