[Ponte Alto] Pennsic Announcement from the Warlord

Connor Sinclair connorsinclair at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 06:29:03 PDT 2006

Greetings unto the Barony of Ponte Alto,
Once again the long-standing feud between the Middle
and the East Kingdoms draws nigh. And once again
Atlantia has been called upon to lend its might so
that this terrible conflict may be brought to a swift
and decisive conclusion.

Unfortunately I shall be arriving on Tuesday August
15th and if the fates be good I shall be there for the
Second Woods Battle. In either case, the Ponte Alto
Warband will not be leaderless.
The commanders are as follows and in this order: Lord
Connor Sinclair (Warlord), Lord Mathieu Chartrain
(Lieutenant Warlord), Sir Thomas of Calais, and Lord
Jonah Mac Coghlin (Sergeant).  When upon the field
your conduct reflects not only upon yourself but also
upon this our proud barony. Follow the commands issued
upon the field, and stand strong.

For each battle I want the Warband to be mustered, in
armour and ready to fight no later than 45 minutes
before the start of every battle. For all battles that
take place on or near the battlefield, Ponte Alto
shall muster next to the Atlantian Field Pavilion. At
the end of each battle I would also like to see the
Warband before we disburse from the field. For the
woods battle, the Warband shall muster at the starting
point for Atlantia.

To our most formidable rapier fighters, since there
will be a number of battles and special tournaments
that may perforce cause you to choose rapier over
armour, please let me know which of the armoured
battles you will not be able to attend.

We are blessed to know the stages of the war and as
such here in is the schedule of War Points for
Pennsic:
Monday, August 14th:
Rapier Town Battle Start time: 9:00 am 60-minute
resurrection battle
Town Battle Start time: 11:00 am 90-minute
resurrection battle
East vs. Mid Unbelted Battle Start time: 1:00 pm
Tuesday, August 15th:
Woods Battle 1 Start time: 11:00 am 1-hour duration
Woods Battle 2 Start time: 12:15 pm 1-hour duration
Archery Champions Shoot Start time: 2:00 pm this is a
4+-hour activity
Wednesday, August 16th:
Castle Battle (no points) Start time: 10:00 am to the
last man
Allied Battle Start time: after Castle battle
Duration: TBD
Knowne World Tourney (no points) Start time: 1:00 pm
Mass Archery Shoots Time: 12:00 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, August 17th:
Mass Archery Shoots Time: 9:00 - 5:00 pm
Field Battles Start time: 10:00 am to the last man
Belted Champions Battle Start time: 30 minutes after
field battle
Rapier Champions Battle Start time: 1:00 pm best 2 out
of 3, draws = tie
Friday, August 18th:
Mass Archery Shoots Time: 9:00 - 3:00 pm
Broken Field Battle Start time: 10:00 am to the last
man
Rapier Woods Battle Start time: 1:00 pm 60-minute
resurrection battle

Here also are the links to the battlefield and war
point activities:
http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/MARTIAL/warpoints.html

http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/MARTIAL/fencing.html

http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/MARTIAL/mconventions.html#gcc

~Lord Connor Sinclair
Where goes Atlantia is where goes the war.

Lord Connor Sinclair de Winterfell
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/winter/sca.html
http://squires.atlantia.sca.org/