[Ponte Alto] POLLING IS IN THE MAIL....

Cindy Halstead chalstead3 at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 20 07:18:56 PDT 2005

Okay, I got a bit heavy handed yesterday, and probably scared a bunch of
people.  My apologies to Cassandra, and to any one who felt I was pointing
fingers.  I did not intend to single anyone out.

It's a hot button topic with me, because a number of people in Virginia
over the last five years have not understood the difference between a
polling and a vote, and things got, shall we say, unpleasant for all
concerned.  I wanted to be sure everyone knew what the distinctions are, so
that the same problems do not occur in Ponte Alto.  I have also learned
that the best way to keep the misunderstandings minimized is to say often,
and loudly, what the differences are.  I think I got a little too loud this
time. ;-)

Again, my apologies to anyone I upset with my post yesterday.

Caitlyn