[Ponte Alto] Speaking of Wool...

Nicole Spaun icychaos at msn.com
Fri May 6 08:18:17 PDT 2005

Reminder of something non-SCA:

This weekend is the 32nd Annual Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival at the
Howard County Fairgrounds.  It's from 9-6 on Saturday and 9-5 on Sunday.
Admission and parking are FREE.

Having gone last year, I say that my opinion of the thing is "wow".  Not
only to they have tens of vendors selling yarns, roving, fleeces, fabrics,
felts, supplies, etc... but you can get about any Lamb food you'd like while
roaming around too.  They've also got vendors selling herbs, crafts
(baskets, soaps, ceramics, etc), and generally Artsy stuff.  While most of
the folks take credit card, just be sure to hit the ATM before you go...
they only had one on-site and it did run out of funds (don't ask how I know.
  Hi there, I'm a felter *waves).  There is even one vendor I recognized
from Pennsic, though there may have been others and I was too
shopping-frenzied to notice.

Cheers,
~Bianca

---