[Ponte Alto] Fwd: RE: Demo and Marshal Activities (Ponte Alto)

Cindy Halstead chalstead3 at adelphia.net
Tue May 3 17:45:43 PDT 2005

It has been pointed out to me that I, like possibly other people on this
list, have missed a fairly important nuance in what Jarl Timoch had to
say.  Specifically, he stated "If this is an SCA demo than no martial
activities may occur outside of what the SCA allows."  That means that
it is necessary to provide enough information to determine whether the
proposed demo is in fact an activity that the SCA allows.  One major
question that has just been asked is how the proposed demonstration
differs from side sword, which has been officially banned by the
corporation.  If those who have details on what this technique involves
can provide me with that information, I will forward it to the
appropriate Kingdom officers for review.

Please keep in mind that this may not be the only question that is asked
to determine if this demo is an authorized SCA activity.  As of right
now, it is not at all clear, and more information may well be requested.

Dame Caitlyn o Duirnin
Regional Seneschale for Virginia