[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Storvik Weekly Spear Practice

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 07:17:36 PDT 2005

Hello Spear Bearing Pontoons,

Read below and see if you can make this practice.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

From: Teufelskerl001 at aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:15:26 EDT
To: storvik at yahoogroups.com, atlantia at atlantia.sca.org,
blackspear at yahoogroups.com
CC:
Subject: [MR] Storvik Weekly Spear Practice

This is a reminder that this Friday, May 13th, there will be the Storvik
Weekly Spear Practice - SHOULD WEATHER ALLOW. If it's
raining/hailing/snowing/tornado or other inhospitable weather condition, the practice will be delayed
until the following Friday.

I should note here that I and my Great Sword had a intimate discussion with
the Weatherman concerning the inhospitable weather we've been having on
Fridays recently. The Weatherman assures me that, even though it may look
threatening at times, it wouldn't actually rain. This means that it will be a
PERFECT Friday to practice Spear!

The weekly spear class will cover the use of the spear, beginning with the
basics and continuing through advanced team techniques, focusing on melee
combat. Note that this isn't a Fighter Practice but a Martial Arts class; if
you've taken any martial arts before you will be familiar with the class
structure. Class will begin promptly at 6 p.m., with warm-ups followed by basics
including footwork and use of the spear both right and left handed (you WILL be
able to use a spear with either hand by the end of the classes), leading to
advanced techniques of two or more spears working as a team.

Spear Class, Fridays, 6 p.m. to approximately 8 p.m.; Bring armour and spear
if you have them, but the are not necessary to take the class. This class
is open to ALL who wish to attend, but is VERY beginner friendly.

Class takes place @ 9006 Simpson Lane, Clinton, MD. Take your best route to
I-495 around DC. Take exit 7A (Route 5 South) to Waldorf. After 5 miles,
take the Woodyard Road exit, staying to the left on the exit ramp, so that you
turn left on to Woodyard. At the first light, turn right onto Simpson Lane.
Simpson Lane will curve back the way you came, then veer to the left;
follow it around the curve approximately a quarter of a mile. 9006 is on the
left, white 2 story Cape Cod with a screened front porch. The driveway can hold
8 cars if everyone is very friendly, but if that is filled, there is an empty
field that people may park in that is back a little way and across the road.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Please note that this class WILL begin promptly at 6 p.m., if you aren't
there, the class will begin without you and you will have to catch up.

YIS,

Lord Frederich Von Teufel
Captain of Spear, Storvik