[Ponte Alto] Medieval Music Concert

ragsdale at mindspring.com ragsdale at mindspring.com
Mon May 9 15:12:02 PDT 2005

I noticed this in the bulletin and thought I'd share:

"Convivvium concert 5/14

On Saturday, May 14, at 7:30 PM, St. George’s will once again host Convivium: an a cappella choral group specializing in Renaissance and contemporary repertoire. The May program features music from the 14th Century to the present day, including works by Thomas Tallis, William Byrd, Orlando Gibbons, Henry Purcell, Robert Schumann, Aaron Copland, Samuel Barber, Randall Thompson, and Leonard Bernstein. Convivium, under the direction of Steven Beck, is now celebrating its 20th season and returns to St. George’s for the third time. Admission is free, but donations to help defray the group’s expenses would be appreciated. For additional information, call 703-855-8740."

http://www.saintgeorgeschurch.org/

It's less than one block west of the Virginia Square Metro Station (orange line), between Wilson and Fairfax. Kinda near Arlington Central Library. Let me know if you need clearer directions.