[Ponte Alto] Fundraising results from the Gyrth Oldcastle

Andrew Grey andrewgrey at cox.net
Sat Mar 26 09:26:13 PST 2005

Good day all!

>> PLease keep in mind that we were raising money for

>> two separate causes.

I was under the impression this was going to be made abundantly clear to
those who attended. If Agnes has a question, I can only imagine that a bunch
of other people did as well. If this is the case, we need to revisit this
whole issue at the next Baronial meeting. I will make it a point to be
there.

It seems that there was, at best, a bit of "confusion" (on the part of the
attendees) as to what was being given and to whom. Of course the people who
crafted the idea understand the how's and why's. But one should never assume
that because you understand it, so will everyone else.

>> The event had numerous attendees, PLUS a very generous

>> outside donation, and that is how we had such a

>> generous check to send to the American Diabetes

>> Association.

Yes. But what money went where? Were those who came to the event made aware
of where their money was going? Can we be *sure* they understood?

Did anyone ask Duchess Melisande if she was ok with a fundraiser for the
Kingdom Travel Fund being done at the event? If not, why?

>> Separate from that was the bake sale for the travel

>> fund, and for that we sold a lot of packages of

>> cookies and goodies, but we also got outside donations

>> that boosted that number as well.

Since I was not at the various meetings regarding the event I would like to
ask: Was this 'bake sale' voted on by the populace? If so, under what
conditions was the money to be collected?

Doing any sort of "fundraising" at an event (outside of auctions advertised
WELL in advance) is bound to be frought with problems, just like this. At
the event, I was asked by several folks if I could clarify what was going on
at the troll table regarding the cookies and such.

This whole issue troubles me greatly.

Andrew