[Ponte Alto] Still Need Performers

ewilmore ewilmore at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 06:15:59 PDT 2005

Hello all again!

I've specified some dates and so far only a couple people have indicated that they can make it.  I can still use at least three other women and two men.  Details below:

Here's what I'd like to do.  My assignment requires me to present the work in two rounds.  One will show preliminary work, such as basic blocking, and will have to take place during class on either the 14th or the 15th, which is next week.  (I can decide on the date that works best for the performers.) My class is from 4:30 to 6:35pm.  The performance will be on the 22nd, same time.

Even though the work calls for a large cast, since I only have two weeks to put something together, I will make use of whomever is most readily available and not worry too much about casting all the roles.  All female voice parts are fine!  Since it is all singing (except for the male parts) I am not too concerned about that.

With those performance dates in mind, what I'd like to do is find anyone who is available (and willing) to rehearse for the next two weeks at least 3 times a week.  We can start as soon as tomorrow if people are willing.  We would rehearse at George Mason University in Fairfax starting at 7pm and go for 2 hours.  I am available every weeknight from 7pm on, except for Thursdays.  I am also available on the weekends.  There is food available on campus if you wanted to do a dinner thing as well or if you need to grab a snack!

If you think the performance dates are workable and can yield up a couple of weeks for this small assignment, let me know!  If it is workable, then we will decide the rehearsal schedule together based on your availability.  I will give you the music (which is very simple) and I can make you copies on tape to help learn!  Please let me know if you can do this...thanks again so much for your interest!

Sincerely,

Erica (Damiane)

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

                                   - Mahatma Gandhi

"We acquire the strength we have overcome."

                                   - Ralph Waldo Emerson