[Ponte Alto] The Atlantian Corps of Engineers (ACE) Wants You!

Jeff Williams geoffreyapclywd at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 10:59:18 PDT 2005

Mary

Unfortunately They have changed the rules and you must be authorized in siege to play with the siege engines.

Geoffrey

Mary Bowles <mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey Bel,

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't already authorized fighters able to man a siege engine?

Maria-therese

Belphoebe <belfebe at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings to the Barony!

As Pennsic approaches, the siege engineers of
Atlantia, including our Barony of Ponte Alto, make
ready for war! And this year we have a master plan.

We would like for each and every fighter and combat
archer in the Barony to authorize in siege, even if
they are not planning on manning an engine in battle.

This means you! Yes, you!

And why, pray tell me should I get authorized in
siege? Well, I tell you, not only it is fun but if
any of our crew members falls in battle, we would like
for our heavies and/or combat archers to be able to
replace us right on the field.

During the past three years, every time an engineer
falls, a heavy has been able to drop his weapon and
man an engine. Not anymore. Due to the success that
we enjoyed last year, society rules have become more
strict. A s cout, heavy or combat archery
authorization is not enough anymore to crew an engine.
It is now required that the fighter is authorized
specifically in siege.

And what does it take, pray tell, to authorize in
siege? Simple. Just learn the society rules of the
list, have your minimum heavy armor, and show that you
can fire an engine safely. We can teach you how to do
the latter for you.

(If you have built an engine, you have to be willing
to be shot by your own machine.)

Our secret weapon will be to have every single able
bodied man and woman on the field authorized in siege.
So come join us and get your authorizations in place!
We will be having siege authorizations at King's
Assessments. Contact me or His Excellency if you have
any questions.

We are also looking for siege crews for various
machines. Remember, Ponte Alto alone has 5
trebouchets, and Lord Mungoe is looking for crews for
his two ballistas.
We want you!

Yours in Service,

Belphoebe

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org

Lord Geoffrey Ap Clywd
Rapier Marshal Barony of Ponte Alto