[Ponte Alto] Announcing: All Things 15th Century (monthly workshops)

Lady Courtney de Houghton courtneydehoughton at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 05:33:44 PST 2005

Greetings,

Lord Connor Sinclair and I are happy to announce the inauguration of "All Things 15th Century", a series of monthly workshops where we will explore topics relevant to the 15th century.  We do not profess to be experts, but we do profess to love topics such as women's dressmaking and accessories (especially hats!), men's garb, warfare, armor, the apex of the tourney, the royal houses of the time (especially the Burgundy Ducal court), arts and inventions, music of the period, cooking for the period, etc, etc.  While we have a wide variety of sources to share, we will also welcome anyone with a similar interest to come and share your knowledge as well!

All Things 15th Century will be held on the third Wednesday of every month from 6-9, and will be added to the Ponte Alto calendar. The workshops will typically be held at the home of Lord Connor Sinclair and Lady Courtney de Houghton in Reston, VA.  Please e-mail for directions (courtneydehoughton at yahoo.com).

The first workshop will be held January 19th.

For ladies, the activity will be the creation of patterns for a woman's cotte (coat).  While there isn't one pattern that can suits everyone's needs or can be claimed to be the most authentic, I do have a pattern that can easily be modified to all body shapes and has worked well. Please bring freezer paper or fabric suitable for creating a pattern.  Others with knowledge of 15th century V-necked coat patterns are welcome to come and share their knowledge as well.   If time and space allows, we can also move on to cutting material.  Please e-mail me for more information.

For men, there will be a "show and tell" of weapons, armor, and garb.

We welcome everyone to these workshops.  The time frame is broad enough to allow people to come and go as they can (especially with traffic).  Please e-mail your interest so we can make sure there is enough space and provide directions. We will provide light nibbles as well.

Thanks!

Lady Courtney de Houghton

Lady Courtney de Houghton
Acting Atlantian Clerk of Law