[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Fwd: [talontalk] Bardic Competition for A Winter's Tale (please cross-post)

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 06:53:07 PST 2005

Greetings Ponte Alto,

I've been asked to cross post this missive. So, here it is. :)

Enjoy.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 05:18:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Mary MacGregor

To: atlantia at atlantia.sca.org, atlantian_privateers at yahoogroups.com,
brnsacstone at yahoogroups.com
CC:
Subject: [MR] Fwd: [talontalk] Bardic Competition for A Winter's Tale
(please cross-post)

From: "Chris and Sue"
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 00:38:03 -0500
Subject: [talontalk] Bardic Competition for A Winter's Tale (please cross-post)

The winter winds whip and blow
and if you listen out in the snow
you may be able to hear
a song or a tale
carried far across hill and dale.
So follow your ear!
Let the sound draw you near.
Come, join us one and all,
for an afternoon of bardic cheer
(in the warm feast hall!)

A Winter's Tale Bardic Competition will be in the afternoon before court
(exact time still TBD)in the feast hall. Sign up will occur throughout the
day and will close about half an hour before the competetion begins. The
theme is "Winter". Documentation is encouraged but not required. Please
limit entries to 2 per performer/group. Prizes will be given by vote of the
populace in the following categories:

best male vocal (may be either one voice in an ensemble or a soloist)
best female vocal (same as above)
best tale (either a spoken or sung tale)
"best transporter" (most evocative of the period)
best instrumental (might be an ensemble, or a solo, or an accompaniment
best original piece (need not be performed by the author; best if recent)
most amusing
piece we'd most like to hear again and again

EVERYONE'S A CRITIC! The format used for judging allows for anyone who
wishes to judge to be able (competitors excluded). The only requirement is
that for your votes to count, you must view each performance. The more
judges, the better!!!

BEST OVERALL: One performance will be judged by pre-selected judges (and
awarded a prize) to be best overall performance based on: documentation
(placement in period context); authenticity (mood, use of language,
instrumentation); technique/skill (diction, musicianship, etc);
complexity/difficulty; and adherance to theme.

Word and song come together for an afternoon of skill and entertainment.
You won't want to miss this! Hope to see you there!

Please contact me with questions at amceagle at bellsouth.net.

Toujours a Servir,
Lady Susane d'Anjou

This is Talon Talk, the private discussion list for the Barony of Hawkwood.

Visit Hawkwood's Web Site
http://hawkwood.albanach.org