[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] The College of Rencester's Celebration of Spring

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 13:12:41 PST 2005

Read if your interested in The College of Rencester's Celebration of Spring.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:30:21 -0500
From: Jessica Ball
To: rencester-l at wm.edu, campfire at tirydon.org,
atlantia at atlantia.sca.org
CC:
Subject: [MR] The College of Rencester's Celebration of
Spring

Greetings all,

I realize not everyone may have received notice about
The College of Rencester's Spring event, and as I'm running
Troll I thought I'd make sure everyone knows about pre-reg.
You can also visit our website and download an event flier.
-->http://www.wm.edu/so/sca/cal2.html
Or, read what follows:

"Whan that aprill with his shoures soote / The droghte of
march hath perced to the roote... / Thanne longen folk to goon
on pilgrimages...” and the College of Rencester, in the
Barony of Tir-y-Don, would like to open its doors and invite
all such pilgrims to celebrate spring in her fair halls.

For your leisure:
A tourney of rapier and a tourney of armoured combat.
A&S competition in religious items (from any faith),devotional
poetry, and travel-inspired story or song.
A light lunch, free with site fee, and a feast of dishes from
Italy, France, & Spain.
Dancing

Site: Trinkle Hall, College of William and Mary
Site Restrictions: DRY site, no merchants, no live steel.

Costs:
Adult, Member: $5.00 Day-Trip, $5.00 Feast
Adult, Non-Member: $8.00 Day-Trip, $5.00 Feast
Child (6-17): $0.00 Day-Trip, $5.00 Feast
Child (0-5): $0.00 Day-Trip, $0.00 Feast

The nonmember fee is waived for Rencester students.

PLEASE PRE-REGISTER BY MARCH 12 TO RESERVE A SPOT FOR FEAST.
Reservations should be sent to:

Francesca Marino (Jessica Ball)
CSU 0137
PO Box 8793
Williamsburg, VA 23186

Reservations are also being taken at Rencester's weekly
meetings (Mondays at 7:30).

If you have any questions about reservations, contact me by
email at or in the evenings (only) by phone at
757-221-4952.

Send in those reservations, please!

Yours in Service,
Francesca Marino (Jessica Ball)