[Ponte Alto] From another list:

Julina julina at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 14:11:06 PDT 2005

Forwarded from a list I'm on

OK, for "stuff" donations, I have collected some info about an effort
for SCAdians in need, here is an assembled post from a lady on
LiveJournal from GA:

/*Katrina Roll Call Site*/
For any who are interested:

A site is set up at www.clanmarshinfayne.org/rollcall to try to get a
coherent listing of which SCA members have been accounted for, and what
supplies they need. This is not intended to replace any official Red
Cross or Charity effort- rather, it is intended to assist our members in
getting what they need to regroup, get by until they get home, and
eventually rebuild.

An official 501 Charity is being established to go along with the supply
drives already taking place in the South. I'll post links when I have them.

Supply run information:

Various local SCA chapter members are independantly gathering supplies
to take to displaced and damaged members in the hurricane area. * This
is NOT an official endeavor of the SCA, nor is it sanctioned by the SCA,
The Kingdom of Meridies, or the Principality of Gleann Abhann. Chapters
are not using SCA funds to purchase supplies- this is all personal
donation.*

Any wishing to contribute- here's how:

1) Establish a depot station in your area. Collect 'smart' supplies-
nonperishable food, water, tarps, hand tools, and the like.
2) Arrange to get those items to the next closest depot working inward
towards the disaster area.

Efforts are being coordinated on the Gleann Abhann Yahoo list [
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gleannabhann ], and at
clanmarshinfayne.org/rollcall. If you want to send funds to purchase
supplies with, you can ask depot coordinators to accept funds for that
purpose.

Should a charity organization be established to aid this effort,
information will be posted here.

Currently, collections are being gathered in:

Memphis, TN
Little Rock, AR
Shreveport/Bossier, LA
Alexandria, LA
Monroe, LA
Oxford, MS
Jackson, MS
Lake Charles, LA
The Barony of Border March (Ansteorra)
The Barony of the Steppes (Ansteorra)
The Barony of Elfsea (Ansteorra)

If you would like to list yourself as a depot, please do so on either
the Gleann Abhann mailing list or the aforementioned site.

Lady Sarah MacGregor
Ardanroe, Gleann Abhann