[Ponte Alto] Hancock Fabrics

Charlotte Johnson mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Thu Apr 7 09:52:41 PDT 2005

> Was curious as to how some of you ladies felt about Hancock Fabrics.  I have
> one very near me out in Manassas.

As with any fabric store, it very much depends on what they stock on their
shelves. I haven't been to a Hancock lately, but I recall that sometimes they
have linen. Though, you have to be careful to get 100% linen, and not "linen
look" fabrics, as they are often a combo of cotton and poly, maybe with a
little "real" linen. Sometimes they have wools too, though they are very
seasonal. I think it's also Hancock which sometimes carries nice veil-weight
silk. Unfortunately, the extent of their silk collection tends to be raw silk
and dupioni, which is fairly useless to me.

Often, your best bet for reliable fabric sources is online. Denver fabrics and
fabrics-store.com have appropriate wool and linen respectively for decent
prices.

In a nutshell though, it all depends on what you are looking for!

Cheers,
Mathilde