[Ponte Alto] Hancock Fabrics

Lady Courtney de Houghton courtneydehoughton at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 10:27:33 PDT 2005

In 2003 I ordered closed brass rings from someone on the Merry Rose.  not sure if the person is still out there or still has the rings, but here is the info from that time, including their e-mail.  (I just dug this up for Katharine Devereaux.)

The updated list:

Price List (includes Shipping and Handling)
100 - $7 + $1 s/h (8.55 if paying by PayPal)
250 - $15 + $1.50 s/h (17.30 by PayPal)
500 - $25 + $2 s/h (28.15 by PayPal)
1000 - $40 + $2.75 (44.70 by PayPal)

Shipping is by UPSP first class mail.  The rings ship in a bubble
mailer. The surcharge covers PayPal charges for the convenience of not having
to wait for your check to clear.

Info
You can send me a check or money order or go to www.paypal.com to pay
(add surcharge) with no delay while checks clear. I've been using them since
2000 for auction wins and love their service. If you're new to them, you get
a $5 credit to spend just for signing up.  My e-mail address is
rygbee at montana.com

Thanks,

Raoghnailt Marie Béatrix de la Barbe
aka Laura E. Barbee-Rygg

----------------------------------

Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani <cassandra at jordanclan.net> wrote:
Melissent,

Hancock has closed brass rings hiding in brown cardboard boxes on shelves
in the back of the decorator fabrics section. They may not be out and
visible; you may have to open some boxes to find them. There are usually
other ring-like items in the same set of shelves to give you a hint,
though. The Sterling Annex to Ponte Alto could probably be persuaded to
make a field trip sometime. ;) I use 'em on my Italian Ren gowns.

Kerri,

>From my perspective, Hancock Fabrics tends to carry slightly better stuff
than JoAnn Fabrics (another prominent fabric store in the area).
Definitely worth a look. G Street is the pinnacle of local fabric stores
(which is why folks are ga-ga about a sale there). And there are lots of
online sources for wool and linen, those highly sought-after period
fabrics, as others have mentioned.

And FYI, don't assume just the ladies know where the fabric is. We have
quite a number of accomplished sewing-types in the Barony who are male!
(And man, do they look good!) :)

Happy fabric shopping!

Cass

At 12:48 PM 4/7/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Marsaili,
>
>Are they the closed rings or the butted rings? I haven't been able to
>find the closed rings ANYWHERE!
>
>Cheers,
>Melissent

Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani
Web Minister, Barony of Ponte Alto
Kingdom of Atlantia
cassandra at jordanclan.net

Lady Courtney de Houghton
Acting Atlantian Clerk of Law
Chronicler, Barony of Ponte Alto
Assistant Webminister, Barony of Ponte Alto
Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA