[Ponte Alto] Hancock Fabrics/ Two responses in one

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 09:58:57 PDT 2005

I use upholstery rings for lacing.  They are
completely closed and I find them at G Street Fabrics
in the upholstery section.  I am sure that Hancock and
Joanne's carry them too.

As for my opinion on Hancock Fabrics, they do carry a
nice selection of brocades.  You can find decent
bargains as well on other types of fabric.  It all
depends on what you are looking for.

Linen, wool, cotton velvet or velveteen, silk and
brocades (especially cotton), are always good bets for
costuming.

These days I purchase most of my linen from
www.fabrics-store.com, as they are less expensive and
just as good than what I find in any store.

G-Street is also a good source of linen when in sale
(usually at $9.99 per yard).  When not on sale, they
can be rather pricey.  If you can find 100% linen at a
good price at Hancock and Joanne's, by all means go
for it.

Wool is a bit trickier, as it can get really
expensive.  I am thrilled to have discovered B Black
and Sons online.  Good stuff and reasonable,
especially compared with the prices at G-Street
(usually something like $29 per yard).  B Black has it
starting at $6.50 per yard in their specials section.

I would say that Hancock is a good price to hunt for
bargains if you know what you are looking for.  I
really miss the one that used to be close to our place
and that was closed like 3 years ago.

I could go on and on about sources for fabrics online,
but I will leave that for another posting.

Cheers,

Belphoebe

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org