[Ponte Alto] Re:Saftey after dark

Isaac Rothstein s_selezen at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 20:05:36 PDT 2004

I would like to start by saying I apologise if there is any confusion
about the intent of my previous comment and would like to provide some
clarity.  I am aware that Lady Bianca has no intention of levelling
accusations at anyone, and she is right that she and I fall on the same
side of this arguement.

If the tone of my last post sounded defensive it was because my
definition of "playing in the SCA" means to participate in it's
activities (i.e. fighting, brewing, sewing...) but doesn't extend to the
ethics of the society as they were to me, a given.  I was concerned, and
perhaps overly so that a little difference in interpretation could be
used as a weapon by someone with maliceous intent.  And as I've been on
the receiving end of scapegoating on more than one occasion, I thought
to put in a good word on our behalf prior to any such occurance.

To answer Lady Bianca's question:  I think the best course of action is
for us to educate new members and remind existing ones that it isn't
now, nor has it ever been safe to wander at night alone.

And again I apologize for any confusion,

Isaac