[Ponte Alto] RE: Ponte-Alto Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2

Katt Ziegler kittenkatt at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 12:39:12 PDT 2004

I see Isabella's point of view, but I think she's advocating very strongly
for something that is just not possible.  Most men and women I know wouldn't
walk alone in a dark part of the inner city if they were aware that crimes
had been occuring there.  Why should common sense take a vacation along with
the rest?  Note that I included both genders- a man can be knocked out and
robbed as easily as a woman.  Being armed isn't much of a solution for
either gender if one is unconcious.  Is there any harm in having a friendly
someone to walk one home?  I don't think so.  There's a reason that "there's
safety in numbers" is such a well-known idiom.

Jericho is my mother and lives within the confines of the Barony of Ponte
Alto, as do I.  I saw her sliced and bleeding hands, and the blood of her
attacker on the mug that she used to defend herself.  Please don't simply
discount this as "just a story".  No matter if this was your tenth Pennsic
or your thirty-third Pennsic, there's always a chance that things occur that
you may not have personal knowledge of.  Asking for caution, common sense,
and information that may be available to bring an attacker to justice is not
a blind call for removal of freedom.

You said so yourself... "creeps" can look like anyone else in the
darkness... even you.  I'd hate to have security groups hassling passers by
for mere suspicions.  It seems a lot more beneficial to simply ask a friend
to walk with me.

Kisan of the Lowlands