[Ponte Alto] Softening Leather Question, was: Re: New Boots

Scott Cozad trancecognental at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 08:52:21 PDT 2004

--- Sharon Henderson
<revsharonhenderson at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi Geoffrey,
>
> Would mink oil be safe to use on, say, a jacket?  I
> have an OOP lovely black leather motorcycle jacket
> that I have seldom worn because it is so stiff, it
> makes me look like an overburdened toddler in
> several layers of snowsuit.  ;-)  I've been told to
> wear it often and sleep in it to make it more
> supple, but I don't see that working... would the
> mink oil do the trick?  And where does one acquire
> this wondrous thing?

Geoffrey:
You should be able to use it on your jacket.  Mink oil
is natural and should not cause any problems.  At
least I have never seen any.  My Dad used to use mink
oil on his leather shoes.  That is where I got the
idea to use it.

I have found it at Safeway of all places though you
may be able to find larger quantities online.

Cheers,
Geoffrey

=====
"In wildness is the preservation of the world"  Emerson
Scott Cozad
Geoffrey Wynburn in the SCA
Mercenary of the Ages