[Ponte Alto] Softening Leather Question, was: Re: New Boots

Sharon Henderson revsharonhenderson at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 10 08:28:42 PDT 2004

Hi Geoffrey,

Would mink oil be safe to use on, say, a jacket?  I have an OOP lovely black leather motorcycle jacket that I have seldom worn because it is so stiff, it makes me look like an overburdened toddler in several layers of snowsuit.  ;-)  I've been told to wear it often and sleep in it to make it more supple, but I don't see that working... would the mink oil do the trick?  And where does one acquire this wondrous thing?

Many thanks,
Meli

scripsit Geoffrey to Nicholas: