[Ponte Alto] Lucet Class

ewilmore ewilmore at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 12:46:25 PDT 2004

THANKS!

Belphoebe <belfebe at yahoo.com> wrote:Regrettably, it cannot.  I have a spare one that you can use on Friday, if I can find it as my house is being packed for moving :-)

The best lucets are from The Spanish Peacock, and you can contact them by email.  They are local merchants.  Here is the link to their website:  http://www.spanishpeacock.com/catalog.htm

I would recommend the "speed" lucet, as it is the most ergonomical of all.  Really good. They start at $12.00, which is not bad considering the workmanship and the nice material.   Some other people sell lucets at events as cheap as $5.00, but they cannot compare to these.  You may want to look into those too, if you so wish, although I don't have info on their websites :-(.

Cheers,

Belphoebe

ewilmore <ewilmore at yahoo.com> wrote:
can a lucet be found at Michaels as well?

Damiane

Belphoebe <belfebe at yahoo.com> wrote:
A lucet is a two pronged small wooden implement used to make cording.  It is believed that it dates from the Viking era.  It is a lot of fun.  Here is a website that will give you the idea:  http://www.nwta.com/couriers/8-97/lucet.html

If you are coming on Friday, I can show you how it is done.  :-)

Cheers,

Belphoebe

ewilmore <ewilmore at yahoo.com> wrote:
what's lucet?

Belphoebe <belfebe at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello All,

Just a reminder that I will be teaching a basic lucet class this Friday, October 15th, at Perronelle's place during the combined bardic/A&S/scriptorium night.

You will need:

1.  A lucet
2.  Some cord.  Crochet yarn works, although I do prefer DMC cotton pearle No.5 as it slides easier.  You can pick it up at any Michael's or other similar craft or embroidery store.

For those of you who already know how to do the basic square braiding, I can teach you flat and double color braiding. :-)

Cheers,

Belphoebe

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org_______________________________________________
Ponte-Alto mailing list
Ponte-Alto at atlantia.sca.org

"If my life is fruitless, it doesn't matter who praises me, and if my life is fruitful, it doesn't matter who criticizes me."

-John Bunyan

Ponte-Alto at atlantia.sca.org

Ponte-Alto at atlantia.sca.org