[Ponte Alto] A&S competition at A Day at the Races

Jessica Maxson Jessica at SummerTreeMosaics.com
Wed Oct 20 07:15:31 PDT 2004

Salve Pontoons!

The A&S competition at Day at the Races will revolve around the theme of the
contrade of Siena. These are the neighborhoods or districts of the city,
each with its own insignia and teams of riders and flagbearers in the annual
palio. Please see http://www.initaly.com/ads/palio/palio.htm for more
information and a list of the contrade and their symbols.

Entries should incorporate some aspect or symbol of a particular contrada.
Any medium is eligible for entry, though if you're planning to do something
unusual, please let me know ahead of time so we can find someone
knowledgeable in that art to help judge. (Underwater basket weaving, for
example, is not my personal forte.) Documentation is required! A prize will
be given to the best entry.

As I am leaving tomorrow for two weeks in Italy, please direct questions to
Baroness Greta Klusenaere, Baronial MoAS during my absence. I will return on
November 7, and will catch up on my email the following day or two.

La vostra in servizio,
--Maestra Giuliana Salviati