[Ponte Alto] Story

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 07:42:09 PDT 2004

Dear Dani:

Corset is Corsé
Shift or chemise:  Camisa o camisón
Stockings:  Medias
Wimple is probably velo, which is also the word for veil.  Let me do some research and see if there is a separate word for wimple.
I will get back to you on bumroll and garters.

All of these items are perfectly period, but some of them are not from the same period.  For example, a lady would not be wearing a bumroll and a wimple, as those are items from completely different sets of garments in completely different periods.

Write me privately if you need more information on what goes with what.  I will get back to you with the other info.

Cheers,

Belphoebe

Dani O'Dunn <moriatara at hotmail.com> wrote:
Well, I didn't know Bob the Tomato knew anything about the words for clothing in Spanish, I thought he only sang about bald monkeys and dancing cucumbers.  The words that I am look ing for are:
Corset
bum roll (is this appropriate for period?)
Shift or Chemise
Stockings and Garters
wimple
as for what kind, I speak a mix of spanish (it's a second langue, but most of may family picked it up) what ever seems most appropriate would be nice.  Thank you all!
Dani

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace: http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org