[Ponte Alto] Looking for spanish words

Craig Allen corun at medievalist.org
Fri May 14 08:29:47 PDT 2004

Dani wrote:

> I am working on a story in Spanish, but I cannot find the proper
> Spanish words for female dress in the Medieval era.  Does anyone
> know of a place to find these words, or speaks Spanish and would
> not mind helping me?

Well now, the word you want depends entirely on what you mean by dress. Just checking an online English-Spanish dictionary I come up with fhr following for "dress"; vendar, vestido (I assume the feminine gender would be vestida), vestir, and ponerse/vestirse. I think these all are variations of to dress, he dresses, etc.

Getting more specific I looked up "skirt" and came up with one entry, falda. Likewise for "clothing" I found with ropa.

I think Her Excellency would probably be better able to help you. Just a guess. ;)

Corun

$0 Bannerless Web Hosting, 10 POP and Web Email Accounts, & more
Get It Now At www.doteasy.com