[Ponte Alto] survey of the month

Lady Cassandra Arabella Giordani cassandra at jordanclan.net
Wed Mar 24 20:50:37 PST 2004

At 03:10 PM 3/24/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>What was your first SCA event?  What is the best and worst thing about it
that you remember?

My first SCA event was Stierbach's Holiday Faire in November 2001.  I
arrived with my good friend from college, Rosa, a new arrival from the
West.  We had revised our former college impression that the SCA was just
people trying to be strange, burning incense and reading tarot cards.  Back
then I didn't even associate the armored guys with sticks with the same group!

So, of course, as we shop around, who should we see?  None other than the
young lady who had given us our initial college impression of the SCA!
Everybody sing now! "It's a small world..."  She's married and settled down
from her crazy college days, and the reunion is a good one.  Although the
meeting left our jaws dropping the rest of the afternoon, and we completely
forgot to go outside and check out the fighting.  Oh, well, there would be
more events to come!

Lady Cassandra Arabella Giordani
Baronial Bard, Deputy Webminister
Barony of Ponte Alto