[Ponte Alto] Dye Day (was RE: speaking of fabric

ArtsofPalm at aol.com ArtsofPalm at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 20:56:10 PDT 2004

Reesa, you are absolutely invited!  I'm looking at a timeframe of July 17th
or 24th of July.  Saturday is best, because it's a messy and long process, so I
plan to do much of this outside.  Therefore, weather may dictate a raindate,
which could push us into Sunday.

As it gets closer to the date, I will pull together a list of items that
would be helpful to bring along (e.g., salt, bucket, twine if you intend to
bind...) nothing earth shattering.  In case you are going to look for fabric to dye
between now and then, I have died silk, linen and cotton with the procion.
The only other fabric I recommend is rayon (hemp is supposed to work well too).
Do not plan on wool working, nor acetate or poly fibers.

If you are interested in sewing up somthing and dyeing it fully sewn, I've
done this too and only advise to be careful of what thread you use.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions about what colors, how much fabric you
wish to dye, etc.  please email me.

YIS,
Irene

In a message dated 6/16/2004 9:46:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, reesah at cox.net