[Ponte Alto] Source for wooden medieval chairs?

Cyd lady_cyd at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 13:15:52 PDT 2004

--- Steve Sheets <MageSteve at mac.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>    Our camp was about to place an order with
> "The Basket Man" for
> several wooden chairs for Pennsic. Before it
> gets sent in, I thought I
> would ask here. Does anyone know of another
> source of wooden chairs,
> suitable for Pennsic and other SCA events?
> Something that look period,
> is not to expensive, and is comfortable?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=10-4/qid=1087243657/ref=sr_10_4/602-8802550-2133452?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000083GKI

Please cut and paste if this doesn't show
correctly in your browser, or go to
www.target.com and search for "X Chair".

They're not strictly period, but they're "close
enough for government work", and they're a whole
lot less expensive than the truly period ones.
They may not hold up as well to rough weather,
though. I've had my set for two years and through
one pennsic already, and they havne't done too
badly, but I haven't really used them during the
rest of the season, so I don't know how they'll
hold up to regular outdoor use. But they fold up
really well! Put a cushion on the seat, and
you're fine. And they will support someone
sitting sideways with head off one arm and legs
off the other, too, so it becomes kind of almost
like an easy chair... ;) I've taken a nap that
way in the heat of pennsic...

And right now they're on clearance sale.

YIS,
Celena de los Rizados