[Ponte Alto] Pennsic personal calendar codex

ArtsofPalm at aol.com ArtsofPalm at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 21:27:47 PDT 2004

Greetings to Ponte Alto Pennsic campers.  I am posting this message to the
this mailing list because I seem to be having trouble using Perronelle's camper
mail list.

I made this personal calendar and thought that you
might interested in it as well.  It is a Word file that has been laid
out to print as a personal calendar booklet.  You print it, fold it
in half, staple the middle to make the binder, and voila! Your own
personal calendar codex!  (I also covered the staple edges with
scotch tape). It contains:

    -  a front and back cover.

    -  a place to write in your own personal schedule each day

    -  a daily list of activies as published from the
Pennsic "overall schedule" on the official web site.

    -  an abridged list of those in charge of the various activities
and administration areas, also from the Pennsic official site.

You can download this booklet at:
    http://www.artsofpalm.com/downloads/personalcalendar.doc
              Please note:  The file is pretty big (900k).

If you are interested in this booklet, please follow these PRINTING
INSTRUCTIONS. I am basing these instructions on my HP 2100 printer.
You may have some slight differences, but hopefully your printer will
have essentially similar properties:

1. Open the file then click File, Print and then choose the Properties button
next to the printer selection box.

2.  In the 'Layout' section, make sure that the option, "Start from
Last Page" is turned OFF.

3.  In the Features section, set the following options ON
           - TWO Sided Printing option checkbox
           - Long Side option checkbox (this is the orientation of
where the pages meet the binder.  Long side is like a regular book,
short side is like a flip chart.)

4.  THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT... when the printer prints the first
time (odd pages) and is ready for you to feed the pages back in for the
second pass (even pages) it might prompt you with a picture showing you to
remove the pages from the print tray, turn them 180 degrees, and then
feed them back into the paper tray, face up.  Do all it says,
EXCEPT... DON'T TURN THE PAGES 180 DEGREES. Instead, you are going to simply:
      - move the set of printed pages from the printed tray to the
paper tray WITHOUT turning them at all.  You are keeping the
orientation the same.
(on my computer the top of the pages faced the left side of the
printer)

Good luck and let me know if you have any suggestions.
PS:  If there are any specific Barony activities that you would like me to
add, just email me.