[Ponte Alto] A Day at the Races A&S theme

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 13:38:33 PDT 2004

Greetings!

While we are still negotiating a site for the November event, A Day at the Races, we would like to give the heads-up to our artisans regarding the topic of the Arts and Sciences competition.  This will hopefully give them enough time to prepare for it :-)

The theme will be "The Symbols of the Contrade," which consist on Tortoise, Wave, She-Wolf, Goose, Shell, Porcupine, Dragon, Owl, Snail, Panther, Eagle, Caterpillar, Unicorn, Ram, Giraffe, Forest and Tower.

I am also including a shortcut to the website that lists the winning teams since 1900, as it has the heraldry of the 17 Contrades.  It is very cool:
http://www.initaly.com/ads/palio/paliowin.htm

We will be looking for volunteers to assist with this event.  There will not be fighting, but we will need someone in charge of the following:

1.  Reservations
2.  Troll
3.  A&S Competition coordination
4.  Bardic competition coordination
5.  Head of Servers
6.  Decoration
7.  Set-up
8.  Take down

Master Tirloch has graciously agreed to be our head cook, for which we are extremely grateful.

I will probably be posting more want ads as time goes by.  If anyone would like to volunteer for any of these tasks, please contact me privately.

Regards,

Belphoebe

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org