[Ponte Alto] Greetings from New Member

Sharon Macielinski ariel_elronds_daughter at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 18:22:23 PDT 2004

Hi guys!

I just signed up to this list and wanted to say hi.

I am a mom of 5 little girls; one is joining SCA with me.
I'm your typical role-playing gamer and do computer support for work.  I work nights, so working certain things into the business week schedule might be rough.  I am happy to volunteer for things others can't do when they're stuck at work during the day though!

I'm interested in archery, cooking, and jewelry making.  My mom taught me to shoot when I was a kid, although I haven't touched a bow in ages and am curious where you would go to practice or what the laws in VA are??

I am used to cooking for my large family, and am excited to learn some period recipes.

I used to do beading in college as a hobby, because I'm so awful at sewing that will probably be my A&S contribution.

My oldest daughter interested in joining is Kathryn.  She is 10 and loves history and reading.  She's also into RPG's, although she thought the SCA could teach her how to do spells.  I wonder if there's something in the A&S department that might be like alchemy or something?  She also wants to learn archery.

Look forward to meeting everyone.  I knew Kevin Maxson in college, and have worked with his dad for years.

Best wishes,
Sharon