[Ponte Alto] Off to WAR!!

Craig Allen corun at medievalist.org
Tue Aug 10 06:40:19 PDT 2004

Hi Ana,

I sent this to you a couple of days ago but it must not have gotten through. Anyway, here it is again.

Places to pull off would be Frederick, Sharpsburg (where there's a huge Outlet Mall in case you forgot something when you left), Hagerstown just before you get onto 68 from 70. The Visitor Center just after you get onto 68 right at the big gap through the mountain (you can't miss this one), Cumberland (I will get off at Vocke Rd. just past Cumberland if I have to stop there, gas stations and fast food galore). That's about it for convenient in MD. The next most convenient place is Sabraton about 20 miles or so before Morgantown. Then Morgantown itself which is where you'll get onto 79 north. After that it's Washington, PA and of course once you're in PA towns are closer together the closer to Pittsburgh you get.

Drive carefully. I'm heading to War the afternoon of the 11th. Maybe I'll see you there.

Corun