[Ponte Alto] New Archery Practice Location

nlcovington at mindspring.com nlcovington at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 24 20:19:44 PDT 2004

Greetings Ponte Alto Archers--

I am pleased to announce that we again have target archery practice in Ponte Alto. Rene Hollebrandse of our barony has graciously offered his yard in Oakton for our outdoor practices this summer. Some of you will recognize the site, since our barony held practices there in the past.

Beginning this Monday, 26 April (weather permitting), we will hold weekly practices on Mondays from around 4 pm until dark. On the second and fourth Mondays of each month, these will be joint practices with Stierbach. For all practices we will have a marshal present, thanks to a Stierbach marshal who works closer to our Oakton site than to their alternate site : )

Stand by for rain date information--we are still working that out. For now, if it rains on Monday, I will send mail if I arrange an alternate day and time.

Rene's address is 3129 Hunt Rd, Oakton, VA 22124.
Directions follow:

Take I-66 to Exit 59 A, Route 50 East toward Fairfax and the Firearms Museum.

>From Rt 50, turn left at the first traffic light onto Waples Mill Rd.

Pass the NRA building and continue to the second traffic light after that, where you turn left to stay on Waples Mill.

At the next traffic light, turn right onto Fox Mill Rd.

Take your first right onto Hunt Rd. *Note that you will travel a while on Fox Mill Rd before you reach Hunt Rd.

On Hunt Rd, take the second driveway on the right--very near the beginning of Hunt Rd, after the first speed limit sign. The mailbox with the address 3129 Hunt Rd is across the street from the drive.

Remember that our barony's archers remain welcome to practice with Stierbach at both their practice sites--the one we share in Oakton and their alternate site. Check the Stierbach web site for information on their practice locations and times.

You are welcome to contact me concerning Ponte Alto target archery matters, including our practices.

YIS,

Arnfriðr /nc