[Ponte Alto] Baroness' Report on Coronation

laura haran belfebe at houseffg.org
Tue Apr 6 18:24:53 PDT 2004

Greetings!

As many of you already know, the Baron and I made it to Coronation this past weekend.  Like many of you, we encountered heavy traffic on the way up and it took us the better part of 3 hours just to get out of the DC area, so a 7 hours drive ended up being a grueling 9 1/2 hour drive.

Having said that, the long and exhausting drive was well worth the effort.  Coronation was fantastic and we had a wonderful time.  It was also a great day for Ponte Alto as the following gentles were recognized by TRM, Ragnarr and Kineburh, for their services to the Crown during their last court:  Lady Sorcha de Glys (who also got supporters!), Sir Andrew Grey, Mistress Giuliana Salviati, Master Ranulf of Waterford, Mistress Caitlyn O’Duirninand and Lady Allasan bhán inghean Fhaoláin, they all received the Award of the Undine.  Vivats for all these gentles, who make our Barony shine!

The Queen’s Champion Tournament took place early in the afternoon.  And a great tournament it was: our own Baron Marcellus was the winner of the tournament, and Duke Ragnarr Blackhammer was appointed Queen’s Champion.

We also want to thank all those Pontoons that made the trek all the way down to the coast of North Carolina, and who also lent us a hand setting the baronial day shade and taking it down, and to our Heavy and Archery Champions who stood in attendance with us at Court.  You all make us proud!

Yours in Service

Belphoebe

--
Do not make me call my flying monkeys . . .
http://www.houseffg.org