[Ponte Alto] Chalice of the Sun God/ Rain

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Mon Sep 15 06:13:55 PDT 2003

Unto the noble populce of Ponte Alto, Greetings!

I know that many of you are watching the weather closely because of the
great storm off the coast.  As Isabel will probably make landfall this week,
I feel it necessary as the autocrat of Chalice of the Sun God to keep you
informed as to what will happen with the event should the storm affect our
area.

1) The site has a large gymnasium, so if there is rain, even fairly hard
rain, we should be able to hold the rapier and heavy fighting.  There is
enough indoor space on the site that we can accomodate all the activities,
with the exception of archery.  There is enough cabin space on site for over
300 people, so don't worry about us running out of dry places to sleep
either.

2) Should there be more than simple rain hitting Virginia (i.e. should
Isabel be passing by), we will have to consider cancelling the event.  If
the event or any portion of the event is cancelled, the cancellation and any
policies concerning those who have preregistered shall be announced here.

Thanks for your patience, and please say a prayer for those who will bear
the brunt of this storm.  I am far more concerned for their safety than
about any SCA event.

Yours In Service,
Luce Antony Venus
Autocrat, Chalice of the Sun God