[Ponte Alto] Spats

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Wed Nov 12 17:52:24 PST 2003

Meaning no offense to either of you good gentlemen as I know your hearts
are certainly in the right place, but if the idea is to hide 20th century
boots, wouldn't a pair of greaves, leather or steel, covering the boot top
be better and more period looking than either of these 20th century
solutions? I'd think you could also add some articulated pieces to simulate
sabotons or solerets. To me neither of the gaiters suggested look in the
least bit period. It's just covering one modernism with another.

Corun