[Ponte Alto] Competitions at Holiday Faire (alleviating confusion)

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Wed Nov 19 17:21:59 PST 2003

Greetings to one and all!  It feels like the rainy season tonight!

There has been some confusion, it seems, with the competitions for Holiday
Faire and Stierbach's Baronial Investiture getting confused.  I am still
looking for judges for both (although I thank the many people who have
already volunteered to help at Holiday Faire).

Holiday Faire (http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0311/holiday.htm) will be
this weekend, November 22nd, at the Prince William County Fairgrounds.

The A&S competition for this event is as follows:
 'Bags and Baskets' competition. The object should be something that you
would use to carry stuff in. Either belt pouches, pouches, packs--even
chests created in fabric arts, leather, weaving, wood, etc. After all, you
need something to carry your money in, and later on you need something to
carry your purchases home in!

At Stierbach's Baronial Investiture, on the other hand, we have THREE
competitions: one based on Treachery and Intrigue, one for Winter
Clothing, and one Perfomance competition being run by Lady Elizabeth of
Hadley Hall.

I am writing because there has been some confusion and I have been getting
questions regarding the Treachery and Intrigue competition at Holiday
Faire--regrettably, this competition will not be held until Baronial
Investiture.  My apologies if too much advance notice has caused problems.

-Ushikawa no Ii Katsumori Roku-i, Bunka-bugyou