[Ponte Alto] German garb competition winners!

Jessica Wilbur Jessica at SummerTreeMosaics.com
Sun Nov 9 10:27:54 PST 2003

Greetings Pontoons!

I would like to announce the outcome of the German garb competition at
yesterday's Eine Kleine Fest (etc. etc). We had two entrants who both did a
fabulous job on their garb: Hrosvitha von Celle and Belphoebe de Givet. Both
ladies wore German clothing from the 16th century, though Hrosvitha's was
from early in the 1500s while Belphoebe's was later. My fellow judges,
Katharine Deveraux and Corun MacAnndra, and I had a very hard time with the
judging because both entries were so good. Fortunately we had two prizes so
we declared both entrants the winners. Hrosvitha received a gift certificate
for fabric sold by Duchess Simone and Belphoebe received a gift certificate
to Barnes and Noble in order to facilitate continued research.

I hope everyone got a good look at these ladies in their fine German garb
because they both did a smashing job! Thank you Hrosvitha and Belphoebe for
your hard work.

La vostra in servizio,
--Giuliana Salviati