[Ponte Alto] FW: New combat archery rule from the DSEM-CA

Lora Budzier lbudzier at mindspring.com
Sat May 17 14:21:28 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: WHITEGRIFN at aol.com [mailto:WHITEGRIFN at aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 7:36 PM
Subject: New combat archery rule from the DSEM-CA

Greetings All,
The Deputy Society Marshal for Combat Archery has asked me to pass on the
following announcement.  I don't have any additional information or
explanation for it at this time, but if I receive any, I will pass it on.
Note that the older type Baldar Blunts are still legal under these new
requirements, but that the newer Baldar Egg blunts are not, unless they have
been modified.  No approved modification methods have been announced yet.

In Service to Atlantia,
Sir Tnek the Ainissestor
Deputy Earl Marshal for Combat Archery
(mka Kent Baldwin)
--------

Due to problems and concerns with combat archery blunts partially
penetrating helms 1/2" or more the following rule will be effective April
20th, 2003:

Any domed CA blunt MUST reach a minimum 1" in diameter at 1/4" distance from
the tip of the blunt. All blunts must be the full 1 1/4" diameter at a
maximum distance of 1/2" from the tip.

The Baldar Egg blunts will not be legal on the combat field without approved
modification to increase the front diameter of the blunt. Any modifications
developed for these blunts must be tested using the following three tests;

1. Cram Test
2. Drop Test
3. Shot into the faceplate of a helm test.

The results of these tests must be sent to your Kingdom Earl Marshal and/or
Kingdom Combat Archery Marshal and the Deputy Society Marshal for Combat
Archery, for final approval.

If there are any questions, please let me know,

THL Tessa the Huntress, Deputy Society Marshal for Combat Archery
tessathehuntress at earthlink.net

**This ruling will be posted on the Society Marshals page in an appendix to
the missile combat rules, until the missile combat handbook gets rewritten
and updated.