[Ponte Alto] Cats (not the musical)

Heather Muller aztecdagger at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 02:33:41 PST 2003

I too can't resist, so, we get rid of all the cats and all the rats than what do we have but the dogs.......Fleas just love dogs so much.......Animal lover here.
 rosedale703 at aol.com wrote:
All right sorry but I can't resist playing devil's advocate
re: Corun's response of cats being blamed for the plague
Consider this:Rats are known to have brought the plague (at least according to my CDC 101 class in nursing school)
But they were really only the transportation not the courier
since the plague bacterium was actually dwelling in the fleas that the rats carried.and it was the flea bites that acutually delivered the plague to humans.
So if the cats had been kept around to kill the rats
then the fleas might have moved on to the cats, and then thier reputation would have been justified.For that matter
who is to say if a cat or two may well have passed on plague ridden flea to one or many
Back to my corner to lurk
Celia
P.S. I really do like cats I just cannot live with them very long for allergy reasons