[Ponte Alto] Seeking Advice for Teaching a class.

Barbara Reed bereed26 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 06:28:19 PST 2003

Irene -

Since you are new to teaching, you may consider doing
a class in conjunction with a newcomer meeting.  It
will give you an opportunity to become comfortable in
front of an audience and also you can get feedback on
the material.  You could also ask Marcellus & Their
Excellencies if you could teach your class at Blood
Bath on March 22.  You might get a nice little
audience and, again, you would probably receive
valuable feedback.

Consider teaching the basic class first.  Does the
History of Kodo class require materials?  If not, then
that would be a good place to start.  I wouldn't
invest in too many materials yet - wait until you have
the opportunity to guage interest.  Ther may be enough
people who want to persue this to justify a $7 or $8
fee.  However, if you can work a deal with the
supplier & get the brushes in bulk at a lower price,
that might be a good idea.  If interest in the class
is high, then go for it.  Good luck!

Greta