[Ponte Alto] The Ponte Alto Loaner Garb Closet

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Thu Mar 20 08:59:10 PST 2003

Greetings most noble and hospitable Pontoons from your friendly neighborhood
Baronial Chatelaine!

I am happy to report that we seem to have a good deal of newcomers who have
joined us recently (8 new folks at the last newcomers' meeting!) and with
the Newcomer Garb nights started last night, we seem to be on our way to
getting our new folks appropriately outfitted.  Many thanks to Melisande
D'Artois, Lady Courtney de Houghton and Lord Connor Sinclair for making last
night's garb session happen. Thanks also to Catherine, Marcily,
Marie-Therese, Cassandra, James, Paul, Scott, Deana,Sorcha, and Baroness
Denise (and anyone else I hopefully didn't forget) for coming by to help
out.  Watch this space for next month's meeting.  We will be working on
making patterns and body blocks, so if you have an interest, PLEASE feel
free to join us.

We have also started the task of shaping up the loaner closet.  Many, many
thanks to Lady Ursula Gilforde who kept the loaner closet for so long and so
organized.  Cassandra Arabella Giordani and I spent a little bit of time
last night going through the tubs of garb.  We've got a LOT of garb, and
most of it is in good condition.  There are a few pieces that will need
matching underdresses, chemises, cords, etc., and I invite anyone who has an
inclination to help by donating or making one or more of these items.
Please contact me: scalucia at cox.net or 703-534-6075 if you are interested in
helping with this.

We also have a lot of fabric that has been donated to us.  If you are a
newcomer working on garb, or you are interested in making garb for
newcomers, let me know and I am happy to let you have anything you might
need or want from our Baronial Fabric Stash.

Lastly, to those who have garb they wish to donate to the Baronial Loaner
Closet:  The past generosity of our populace is so great, and the past
maintenence by those who came before me was so careful, that there is
actually very little that we need.  My goal is to have about 5 or 6 full
outfits in each size & gender (about 25 or so outfits total) that may be
brought to an event in a single tub.  We are needing men's clothing and a
couple of warm cloaks, but beyond that we are actually very close to the
goal.  We will continue to accept donations for the Baronial Fabric Stash,
but I fear that beyond what we need to round out the Loaner Closet, I will
not be able to accept more garb donations.  My poor husband (trooper that he
is) will probably get a hernia if I add any more tubs of loaner garb to what
he's already schlepping.  :)

IF YOU HAVE GARB YOU WANT TO GET RID OF.....I know that Lady Courtney de
Houghton, who is running the Silent Auction at Chalice of the Sun God event
in September, IS looking for garb donations.  The Barony can still derive
benefit from the garb you no longer have a use for.  If your garb is in good
repair, please contact Courtney at caerdubh at yahoo.com.

Many thanks,
Lady Luce Antony Venus

(Ursula, could you please reprint this in the Il Tempo?  Thanks.)