[Ponte Alto] Shibori Class from University

ArtsofPalm at aol.com ArtsofPalm at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 13:12:35 PDT 2003

Hello. For the class list, Kiana and I registered under

Nicki Merz          Kiana Lindsay
Regina Ryder          Irene Madhaidin

I went to the Dharma site and have bought some basic procion dyes and
acoutrements, and some simple scarves to practice shibori.  I also got the 'bible' of
shibori that you recommended in your class list.

I was looking at some of the dye discharge products for a 'reverse' shibori
idea on some of the linen that Kiana and I bought.  I saw the discharge
'paste',
<A HREF="http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1574-AA.shtml">http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1574-AA.shtml</A>
the 'color remover'  which seems to be for large jobs (not really what I was
thinking of doing
<A HREF="http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1535-AA.shtml">http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1535-AA.shtml</A>
and the 'bleach thickener'....
<A HREF="http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/694405-AA.shtml">http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/694405-AA.shtml</A>
Do you have any recommendations?  I won't be ordering this for a while.  I
want to read the book and try out more of the traditional shibori stuff... but I
thought that since I already have the linen, it might be worth a try when I
get a bit better at it all.