[Ponte Alto] Oldcastle Silver Anniversary

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Thu Jul 31 13:21:09 PDT 2003

Forwarded at the request of His Grace.

Corun

Greetings from Gyrth Oldacstle --

With pride and pleasure, Duchess Melisande and I invite all noble
lords and ladies to a Grand Tournament to be held on Monday August 11
at 3:00PM on the Green Field at the 32nd Pennsic War. This year is
the silver anniversary of Clan Oldcastle and this tournament is part
of our celebration and thanksgiving for that happy fact.

Her Grace and I request that all combatants and their inspiration
present themselves to us on the field before joining in the noble
passages of arms. We will be well pleased to see a great show of pomp
and heraldry. The tourney will be run in diverse ways. All combat is
to be with like weapons. The only weapons allowed are sword and
shield, poleweapon, and great sword. We will be entertained to see
both combat in the standard manner and bouts to a certain number of
counted blows. We will require no combatant to retire from the list
until the appetite for chivalrous sport is sated or the Grand
Tournament end.

My lady Melisande will grant to the champions by her own hand a
matched pair of silver and sapphire rings for lord and lady. The
prize for the day's Grand Champion whom we think best embodies the
virtues of prowess, generosity, honor, splendor, and courtesy is a
link from the Oldcastle Knights' Chain.

Please join us and revel in a day of noble delight.