[Ponte Alto] Prepare for Faire/Pennsic Yardsale!

Cyd lady_cyd at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 11:13:34 PDT 2003

Because it's so close to many of you, and because
many of you are likely doing the last minute
scramble before Pennsic and/or Faire, I figured
I'd let you all know about a yard sale that's
going on THIS SATURDAY (8/2/03) from 10am-4pm,
that's just chock full of gear and garb! All
profits go to the National Multiple Sclerosis
Society!

There are close to 500 items for sale. (!!) They
come under the general categories of:

- Let There Be Fire: candles, candlesticks,
sconces, incense, candlemaking kits

- But I Have Nothing To Wear: mens's and women's
garb and accessories in a variety of sizes and
class (peasant to noble.) Bodices, breeches,
chemises, skirts, muffin caps, boots, shoes, etc.

- All That Glitters: rings, necklaces, pins,
pendants

- Thys Olde House: cookware, sewing patterns,
fabrics, books for thy library, sewing kits,
knitting kits, cookbooks, hatboxes, breadbox,
designer baskets, decorative tins, jars, and
more...

- Let the Feast Begin!: ceramic, pewter, and
wooden feast gear in sets or single items,
tankards, utensils, napkins, wooden and clay
bowls, goblets (some handblown)

- Prepare for Fair: carry baskets, titmice,
sunscreen, bug wipes, lipstick, etc.

- M'Lady's Garden: indoor and outdoor plants

At prices better than ebay, most items are priced
between 50 cents and $15; bigger ticket items
include a wool cloak ($50), feast gear sets
($25), wool mantle ($20) and full men's and
women's noble garb ($50 each set).

There will also be three items up for silent
auction, you do not have to be present to win!

PORTAGE:
Boxes, bags, and bubblepack will be available for
folks who need to carry their purchases home
safely.

HOW TO GET THERE:

Take the Washington Beltway (495) to Kennilworth
South (201). Within 1/4 mile, you will go under a
bridge created by Greenbelt Road. At the first
light after the bridge, turn right onto Pontiac
Street. At the first stop sign, find parking. The
house is #6211. There will be a sign up on
Saturday.

If you're looking for garb, gear, or anything
else that'll help you in either faire or at
pennsic or both, come on down to this wonderful
charity event!

Please pass this on to anyone you know who'd be
interested in this! (If you are on Storvik,
Stierbach, Bright Hills, dun Carraig, Highland
Foorde, Lochmere, Roxbury Mill, or other local
mailing lists, please forward for me! I don't
think I have access to them!) It's a great cause,
and it may be just what you need to fulfill those
last-minute Pennsic needs (not to mention some
nifty feast-gear for upcoming events)!

Thank you!

Lady Celena de los Rizados