[Ponte Alto] Fencing and Minors in Ponte Alto

corun at cox.net corun at cox.net
Fri Jan 24 10:28:13 PST 2003

Sorcha wrote:

> I'm glad YOU had armor on that day!!!

So am I, though the point is to be armoured against one's opponent. ;-)

> With fond memories and a laughing heart,
> Sorcha, of excellent aim, but horrid timing, who on managed to throw said
> dagger swiftly at the opponent attacking her "consort", Corun, but
> shamefully hit her champion instead (in a most grievous location!) when he
> nimbly stepped in front of the oncoming dagger!

Actually it wasn't that I nimbly stepped in front of the dagger, it was that George, the fellow I was fencing, nimbly stepped aside just as you threw, leaving me the vulnerable target. It wouldn't have been quite so bad had George even known you were throwing at him, but as he had his back to you was ignorant of the fact. It was just a happenstance of the combat, much to my dismay and the amusement of the crowd watching.

Corun